We’ve been very fortunate in donations made by local mamas so have decided to set up a sling library.
Follow the links for a list of slings we have available for hire. We’ve tried to group them into the following categories:
- Asian Style Carriers
these include Mei Tai (MT), Podaegi (Pod) and Soft Structured Carrier (SSC)
- One Shouldered Carriers
these include Ring slings, Pouches and Rebozos
these include Stretchy and woven wraps (sometimes called German Style Wovens or GSW)
we also have a few slings which do not fall into these categories, such as the Hippychick Seat and the Close Baby Carrier, which is a type of stretchy two shouldered ringsling (do you see what I mean about categories!)
For more information about different types of sling, check out www.slingguide.co.uk
If you wish to hire any of these slings, there is a £5 fee per month (or £2 per week, if you only want to hire for a short period) and a £40 refundable deposit will be taken at the beginning of the hire period against non-return or damage. This can be in the form of cash, PayPal (gifted) or a cheque.
If you want to try a particular sling, it is worth getting touch, either using our contact form or on Twitter or Google+ to see if it can be reserved.
Terms and Conditions
- Please remember when borrowing a baby carrier that your child’s safety is your responsibility. Always follow instructions carefully and check for signs of wear and tear, and do not put your child at risk. Thames Valley Sling Babies/Sling Library are not responsible in any way for any accident that may occur with the baby carrier.
- Please read the Safety Guidelines carefully.
- Please look after the baby carrier, we hope these carriers will be able to help lots more parents in the future.
- Do not wash the baby carrier. All carriers are washed regularly. If necessary, please spot-clean with a damp cloth soaked in warm water.
- There is a charge of £5 per item per month (or £2 per item per week for short-term hire). We also require a deposit of £40 in the form of cash or cheque. This cheque will not be banked and will be returned to you at the end of the hire period, on return of the carrier.
- Should any item be lost or damaged beyond normal wear and tear, the deposit cheque will be banked to pay for a replacement carrier.
- Please return the carrier before or at the next Slingmeet. If you wish to post a carrier to us, please obtain proof of postage and email to let us know.
- If you wish to keep the sling hired for a longer period, please contact us through the contact form, we can accept PayPal to cover any additional cost.
Thank you, happy slinging!