- TICKS Rules for Safe Babywearing
- Baby Carriers: Correct positioning and safety contains information on the possible dangers of “bag slings”
- Babywearing 101 (pdf)
- Wearing your baby in a sling can take some practice (depending on the sling, mostly), so make sure your baby is happy, fed and generally comfy before trying out a sling for the first time.
- When you’ve got your baby in the sling, go for a walk to settle her.
Other Resources and helpful Information
Our Links page contains some very useful links, including babywearing forums, Slingmeets, For Sale and Trade sites and Youtube – a valuable resource all on it’s own. So heres a brief description of each link:
- Natural Mamas is a natural parenting forum with an emphasis on babywearing and an active For Sale and Trade board;
- The Babywearer is a US babywearing forum with loads of reviews and information on any type of sling you can think of;
- Sling Guide is a UK site with tons of babywearing information
- Slingmeet is a forum dedicated to setting up and promoting slingmeets;
- UK Babywearing Swap is a yahoo group for buying, selling or trading your used slings;
- Oxford Slingmeet is a well run and popular slingmeet run for the Oxfordshire area, with a very well stocked sling library;
- Youtube is a great resource with loads of video demos for using various slings, both homemade videos and manufacturer videos can be found here.
- The Rebozo Way is dedicated to educating the public about traditional methods of birthing, family and community relationships, and about in-arms and attachment parenting as practiced by indigenous peoples worldwide, and as relevant to our own lives as caring members of the world community.
- Make your own slings! Sleeping Baby Productions Ring Slings, Podageis, Mei Tais. This is a great resource with links to many other sling making sites